Vice President Financial Control
For over 60 years, Autoliv has focused on one very important task: saving lives. Our innovative products save 30,000 lives every year and prevent 10 times as many injuries.
We are first and foremost an automotive safety technology company. In the world of automotive occupant safety, we were the first to introduce the two- and three-point seat belt system and airbags for front and side impacts. We were also the first to launch advance seatbelt systems and pedestrian protection systems.
We are a Fortune 500 company and the world’s largest automotive safety supplier with sales to all the leading car manufacturers in the world. We develop, manufacture and market protective systems such as airbags, seatbelts, steering wheels, passive safety electronics.
Meeting real-world customer needs with a wide range of products and systems has helped us become the clear market leader in automotive safety. Turnover 2018 was 8 548 million USD. We are listed on New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:ALV).
Autoliv’s Corporate Control function is responsible for the financial reporting of the Autoliv Group, including group consolidation, group reports, Head Office accounting, SEC-filings, financial information in annual reports/press-releases and accounting definitions/principles according to US GAAP as well as the reporting process of Autoliv. The financial information and reports are used by Autoliv’s management, board of directors and public stakeholders which demands for high accuracy, relevance and quality.
Vice President Financial Control
We are now looking for a Vice President Financial Control to Autoliv’s group finance. The individual we are looking for has a university degree in Finance and has extensive, 10+ years, relevant professional experience with significant experience from leading a controlling department. A deep understanding of SOX is necessary as well as of US GAAP.
The right candidate has both manufacturing industry and international experience and has probably also been a successful and appreciated speaking partner to a CFO in a listed company. It is also essential with previous exposure to headquarters and affiliate management.
The Vice President Financial Control will be based in Stockholm and reports to the CFO. The role will require some travelling to other sites in the Autoliv Group. The position has interfaces internally with other functions and Autoliv’s business units, but also with external stakeholders. Hence we are looking for a person with solid people management experience, high professional standards, dedication to people and strong communication skills, with a fluency in both English and Swedish.
The responsibilities range from strategic, long-term planning to the daily operation, and this is why the candidate needs both hands-on capabilities and a strategic mind. Key Areas of responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for Autoliv Group’s consolidation, financial internal and external reporting.
- Responsible for the group reporting and consolidation process, including development and maintenance of HFM reporting and consolidation system.
- Lead and develop the Corporate Control function, both in terms of leadership and processes.
- Ensure quality in all reported data, relevant analysis and synthesis.
- Responsible for Autoliv Group’s filing in accordance with US GAAP
- Responsible for ensuring Autoliv Group’s internal control (including SOX)
- Coordination of the pensions actuarial calculations of the group according to US GAAP.
- Responsible for the Autoliv Financial Manual and the development of accounting definitions and principles according to US GAAP
- Follow-up internal audit reports to evaluate potential impact for the Autoliv Group and follow-up in business reviews.
- External audit´s main counterpart to central team in Stockholm.
Autoliv is looking for a mature, energetic and business oriented candidate with an open, direct leadership style and an ability to build and develop an empowered team. The requested leadership style is characterized by providing support, directions and clear targets, but allowing the team to both identify and solve problems while holding the team accountable for meeting collective goals.
We believe that the right candidate is a people oriented self-starter and a proactive person. He or she, drives continuous improvements and enjoys working in a changing business environment.
In this recruitment process Autoliv is collaborating with Future Value. For further information please contact responsible recruitment consultants, Henrik Nilsson, 072-200 58 58, or Gustav Emthén, 0767-83 55 90.
076-783 55 90